Unforgettable Love (Poem)


A mind strays in the garden of love,
Having memories that ought to be forgotten,
Even when I think I have those feelings in cuffs,
An ardent unrequited love is begotten.

Oh!! She is as beautiful as a patch of daffodils,
Stopping my breath, as I forget I need to breathe,
Soft, like the snow brushed softly on my winter’s canvas,
She’s there, in my soul written through my hand.

For close though she is, the distance divides us still,
I can see and smell her fragrance but I cannot feel,
Memories of her awesomeness follows me still,
I bow to her presence, the empty place she fills.

I carry these memories on my back in a backpack,
Hived away in my penetralia for me to backtrack,
Abandoned memories too alive to be forgotten,
So I rest with loving thoughts of you.

Love has tattooed you in me, and me in you,
Forever etched upon the annals of my eternal memory,
Intertwined with a solemn vow, nothing to be the same again,
This long lost love is implanted in my brain.

I don’t know which way I am going,
The compass unseen still points in her direction,
Lost, yet forging onward on the path my heart screams for me to take,
Found, I wish she’d make this journey easy.

My heart bleeds upon these pages,
Profuse as I am, inconsolable in their desire,
The Magnificent Goddess I cannot embrace,
Yet cannot seem to let go of.

Spewed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is Nigeria

The Concealer

The Girl Who is Afraid of Everything