This is Nigeria


Sho’ mo’ age mi,
A 58 year old still crawling,
Sho mo age mi,
After 19years of democracy,
All we get is a demo and a government that is crazy.

Sho mo age mi,
104 years of amalgamation
Sho mo age mi,
Yet all we have is a divided nation.

I am in touch with the crying mourning of this nation
coming across as a helpless presidential vote,
hoping to create a fantastic place,
of peace, acceptance and love.

I am in touch with the sadness rage of this nation,
as fights among us disrupts our souls,
feeling others’ blatant ideologies,
as betrayals to the human soul.

I am in touch with the helplessness of this nation,
the walking with uncertainty,
the looking at the other with suspiciousness,
the not knowing,
the “and now what?” ,
the blaming foreigners for our misery,
the oppressing and labeling the neighbor,
and not calling it hate,
the thinking that my well-being,
should walk along minorities’ disgrace,
because you deserve it,
because you are lower than soil,
because you are less than human,
assuring us a future of turmoil,
predicted by the witches, the bible and shamans.

I am in touch with the dark force of this nation,
as days pass along the shores,
of a dreamy fantastic better world,
for our children and ourselves.

I see the pain of humanity,
when we devote our hopes
in our leaders who are supposed
to take our lives from misery and pain,
and dramatically change it
to freedom and hope.
And in seeing our naivety,
and blind illusory faith,
in government, leaders and saviors,
hope becomes a shooting star
flying across the sky,
fast enough to barely catch its spark.

I am holding the pain of this nation,
for her failure to protect one another,
for her failure to live up to the expectation,
for her failure in believing leaders,
and retaliate their failures,
against the most vulnerable.

I am holding her citizen’s pain, but also her failure to turn her pain into acts of love but self-destruction.

To be continued...

Comments

Post a Comment

Your Comment is important to us.......Add your comment here

Popular posts from this blog

The Concealer

The Girl Who is Afraid of Everything